Wednesday, February 9, 2011

cp 24 fucked us up the ass again

cp 24 fucked us up the ass again

by Richelle Nantais on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 9:46pm
I am angry. I am so angry that I wrote a letter about it. Please read it and comment accordingly so that I may include your thoughts with my complaint process.


...


are you kidding me?


From:


Richelle Nantais


View Contact


To: breakingnews@cp24.com


I am appalled. It takes an extreme percieved injustice for me to bother writing about it. Therefore, I am insulted and dissappointed in the choices made by your programming to allow what I just heard on your show.


I just watched your news program and listened to George Lagogiannis try to dismiss the gay bashing from Jarvis Collegiate as 'teen angst'. I have often thought of Mr Lagogiannis' reporting as narcissistic and frivolous and therefore unworthy of concentration or concern. This item tonight however, crosses the line.

 I thought that news reporting was supposed to be objective. When he asked the bashed victim, whether or not she thought the violence was sparked by 'teen angst' I was shocked. In remaining objective, he should have also asked if the victim felt the attack was fueled by ignorance and a violent fortitude that needs to be arrested immediately. Instead he made the gay community or anyone affected by this blatant ignorance and unacceptable behavior, seem like overreactive and unrealistic folk who cry wolf. We have enough trouble and have shed enough blood, without George perpetuating the hate.
 I expect this behavior and type of irresponsible reporting to be addressed, and ergo, expect a response to this mail that I have been fueled by utter disbelief to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment